1. The rules
· This is an incredibly dangerous tool not a toy and must be treated with respect.
· Never run the laser without the water flowing the results could be catastrophic.
· Never run your machine unattended they can easily start a big fire.
· Always make sure your material is laser cut safe. Check the MSDS (manufactures safety data sheet) if you’re not sure.
· Never run the laser open. Not only could you blind yourself but you’re going to change the way it cuts.
· If your machine has plugs in it do not use them. Never plug anything into the machine you will overload it.
· It is always better to run everything off of a good power strip.
· Always wait between 30 seconds and 1 minute before opening the machine after a cut.
· Make sure to regularly maintain your machine.
· Always keep learning about it. It’s one of those things you could take a day to learn and a lifetime to master.
· Never run the machine above 90%.
· allow extra room when engraving the head moves further.
· Do not run the laser if the water temperature is above 80° or the ambient room temperature 85 or above.
· These machines are not designed to run more than four consecutive hours.
· You must perform a half hour cool down after four hours.
· my rule of thumb is to never run it for more than two consecutive hours and then do a half hour cooldown.