American laser Cutter located in Los Angeles California. We offer laser cutter sales, service, and manufacturing. We are known for our large-scale laser cutting services.
American laser cutter is located at 3041 N Coolidge Ave.Los Angeles, CA 90039
10AM to 6PM Monday through Friday by appointment only.
Closed all major holidays
Please call/text ahead for appointments or questions
Facts and answers about American Laser Cutters.
Can't laser cut list
Chlorinated plastics (PVC, vinyl, pleather/fake leather, Sintra, Kydex)
HDPE (milk bottle plastic)
Coated carbon fiber
Pressure treated wood
Can laser cut list
Acrylic - absolutely the best plastic material for laser cutting. It is strong, comes in a variety of colors, and can allow you to create awesome visual effects with the laser cutter.
Wood - is a versatile material. You can use it to laser cut jewellery, fashion accessories, ornaments, decorations, custom containers, even furniture! We generally recommend birch or pine for laser cutting, etching, and engraving.
Paper - both cuts and etches very well. You can even use the laser cutter to partially cut through to make paper bend or add perforations.
Cardboard - cuts very well. It is a fantastic material for prototyping with the laser cutter. It is a cheap and cost-effective way to make a basic prototype of your product. The laser cutter is also very good at making cardboard pieces for packaging and shipping.
Plywood - can be good for laser cutting as long as you pick the right stock.
Cork - can be laser cut or etched as long as it is 100% natural.
Fabric - as long as it doesn't contain vinyl or chlorine most fabrics work well with the laser cutter. Most fabrics can be both laser cut and laser etched.
Glass - can only be laser etched.
Ceramic - can only be laser etched.
Rubber - works great for stamps as long as it is 100% natural.
Painted Metals - can be laser etched or laser marked only.
Leather - can be both Laser etched and marked with ease. It also cuts very well.
Marble - laser etches very well but cannot be cut.
Matte Board - can be both laser etched and laser cut.
Mylar - can be laser cut makes great stencils.
Pressboard - can be both laser etched and laser cut.
Wood Veneer - can be both laser etched and laser cut.
Tile - can only be laser etched.
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)
- Acrylic (also known as Plexiglas, Lucite, PMMA)
- Delrin (POM, acetal) – for a supplier, try McMaster-Carr.
- High density polyethylene (HDPE) – melts badly
- Kapton tape (Polyimide)
- Mylar (polyester)
- Nylon – melts badly
- PETG (polyethylene terephthalate glycol)
- Polyethylene (PE) – melts badly
- Polypropylene (PP) – melts somewhat
- Two-tone acrylic – top color different than core material, usually for custom instrumentation panels, signs, and plaques.
- Depron foam – often used for RC planes.
- Gator foam – foam core gets burned and eaten away compared to the top and bottom hard shell.
- Cloths (leather, suede, felt, hemp, cotton)
- Magnetic sheets
- Rubbers (only if they do not contain chlorine) – for a supplier, try McMaster-Carr
- Teflon (PTFE, Polytetrafluoroethylene) – for a supplier, try McMaster-Carr.
- Woods (MDF, balsa, birch, poplar, red oak, cherry, holly, etc.) – we stock various thicknesses of birch plywood. For other types of wood, try Inventables.
1. Q: Can you laser cut metal?
2. Q: Can you laser cut glass?
3. Q: Can you laser cut Vinyl or a record?
4. Q: What is the thickest you can cut?
A: We can cut up to 1 inch in certain materials but we don't recommend going over quarter inch.
5. Q: What is your standard turnaround time?
A: 1-3 business days for standard projects.
6. Q: Do you offer shipping or delivery?
7. Q: what can you cut?
For more information on our laser cutting services please visit the Laser Cutting Quotes Section of our website.
II. Laser repair questions
1. Q: Do you repair Chinese laser cutters?
2. Q: Do you repair American laser cutters?
3. Q: How do you offer service around the country?
A: We offered two types of services, remote laser repair service using programs such as Skype, and We can drive or fly out to your location from Los Angeles.
4. Do you repair Ebay laser engravers?
For more information on our laser repair services please visit the Laser Cutter Repair section of our website.
III. General questions
1. Q: Are you open to the public?
A: Yes by appointment only. Monday through Friday 10 AM through 6 PM, closed all major holidays and weekends.
2. Q: What is your phone number?
3. Q: What is your email address?
4: What is your address?
A: 501 South Ave. 17 Los Angeles, CA 90031